How to install the Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier step by step
Having optimal connectivity at home is not always an easy task. If you want to experience the latest WiFi technology, with the highest speeds for all your devices, with greater coverage and a series of other qualities… then WiFi 6 is the best option today. In order to access the latest WiFi 6 generation, Movistar launches the new Smart Wi Fi 6 Booster. The price of this device, first in the Spanish market, is €129 including VAT. You can purchase it by accessing this link.
Among them, stands out a 30% more coverage and one speed up to five times faster. In addition, it allows increase simultaneous data traffic, so you can connect more devices at the same time and enjoy maximum performance on all of them. As well provides more security thanks to the WPA3 protocol.
The installation of the Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier is very simple and you do not need to download anything or have a technician to welcome WiFi 6 in your home. Next, we will explain how to do it. Enjoy the most advanced connectivity now!
How to install your Smart WiFi 6 Booster
If what you want is to enjoy WiFi 6 technology throughout your home (that is, replace all the previous WiFi with the new WiFi 6 with better features) you will only have to connect it to the Smart WiFi Router using an Ethernet cable, which is the cable yellow that you will find in the box, and that’s it. So your amp is working like access point.
However, if you want to use the new amplifier as a WiFi Repeater, you can connect it wirelessly with the Movistar Smart WiFi Router and so on. increase the range of your WiFi network, repeating the current signal. To get the most out of that setup, place the booster midway between the part of your house where you have poor coverage and the router. indicator “Signal” LED will help you find the perfect spot.
Both modes of installation of the amplifier are very simple and we will explain step by step how they are carried out.
How to install your Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier via Ethernet
Before you begin, make sure the switch under the Smart WiFi Range Extender 6 is on “Cable Eth” position. Also, you should check if the router you want to connect the booster to has its WiFi networks turned on.
Step by step installation
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the two Ethernet ports of your amplifier and the other side to one of the ports of the router.
- Check that the amplifier is connected to a electrical power supply and switch it on.
- During boot up, the LED light will be green. The two LEDs on the left will be solid blue. Wait a moment until they turn on. The “Signal” light remains off.
- If you want replace your current WiFi network with WiFi 6 network, we recommend you turn off the WiFi interfaces of the router, once the installation is finished. To do this you have to hold down the WiFi/WPS and WiFi+/WPS buttons on the Movistar router for at least 10 seconds. You can now carry traffic through the latest WiFi 6 technology!
How to install your Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier via wireless connection
Before you start, make sure the switch under the amp is on. Rep position. Check that the router to which you are going to connect the Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier has its WiFi network or networks turned on. To perform the installation it is easier to have both devices side by side. Once the installation is complete you must get the amp to the perfect location to repeat the WiFi signal of the router and get a optimal coverage throughout the house.
Step by step installation
- You must first connect your amplifier to a power supply and Turn it on.
- During startup the LED on the right will be green. When the two LEDs on the left are solid blue, the light on the right will begin to flash red because you have not yet associated the amplifier with any router.
- Now you have to activate the WPS in your router. To do this, press the “WiFi Plus/WPS” button” located on the back of the router for at least 3 seconds.
- Activate now the WPS of the Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier also pressing the back button “WiFi+/WPS” of this device 3 seconds. Now the middle LED light will start flashing.
- Once the association between both devices is complete, the LEDs on the left will be solid blue and the “Signal” light will change to a solid color depending on the coverage it receives from the router. Thus, you can orient yourself in the LED lights to find the ideal location for the amplifier.
As we have already said before, it is very important to find the perfect point between router and the site where you want to increase coverage. The “Signal” LED light helps you to find this point, as it turns blue if the signal reaching your amplifier is good and red if it is insufficient.
Do not worry if the amplifier does not repeat the signal being too close to the router. It does this so that the two networks do not overlap. If you take it to a more remote location, it will start emitting the signal.
Advantages of having a Smart WiFi Router – We make your life easier
If, in addition, you have a Movistar Smart WiFi Router, in both configuration modes (both as access point and repeater), after finishing installing the new amplifier you will see the same two WiFi networks that you had on your Smart WiFi Router, one in 2.4GHz and one in 5GHz. Since the names and password will be the same as in the Smart WiFi Router settings, all devices will automatically connect to the new WiFi 6 without you having to reconfigure the parameters of a new network.
Also, if you change the router name or password in the future, those new settings will automatically apply to the booster’s networks.
Manage your connected devices easily
You can easily manage your amplifier and other devices in your home thanks to the Smart Wi Fi mobile app. In it, you can see all the devices connected to your router at a glance and also manage them (for example, pause their WiFi connection). It also allows youchange the password of your WiFi network and create a guest network.
The mobile App also gives you the possibility to activate the service Secure connectionMovistar to protect your Internet browsing, as it blocks phishing or malware threats.
Also, if you are a Movistar Fusión customer, and you have the UHD Decoder or UHD Smart WiFi Decoder, you can manage your amplifier and other devices on Movistar+ as well. You only need to access the section “ apps” from the top menu of your television and open theLiving App Smart Wi Fi . Apart from that application, there is a wide catalog of entertainment, sports and music apps available. In the Living App Smart WiFi you can see all the devices connected to your Smart WiFi Router.
Movistar Home, the device that manages your Movistar ecosystem, also allows you to optimize the connectivity of your WiFi network. If you have this device at home, you can navigate through it by touch or by voice thanks to Aura, Movistar’s virtual assistant. just say“OK Aura, show me the password of my WiFi” or“OK Aura, restart my WiFi”to get the most out of your Smart WiFi 6 Amplifier.