How to delete or close an iCloud account on my iPhone and iPad
For those of us who juggle multiple iCloud accounts (which is not really recommended), you may need to delete an iCloud account associated with an iPhone or iPad sometimes.
This usually happens in situations where you need to switch to a different account, create a new iCloud login for some reason, or simply switch to another existing account from iCloud that is more suitable for a device.
How to Delete or Close an iCloud Account on my iPhone and iPad
Yes OK iOS makes this process easybut make sure you know why you would want to do this, otherwise you might run into unanticipated problems.
Again, this is not recommended unless you know exactly why you are deleting the iCloud account from your device. A single user with multiple iCloud and Apple ID is rarely a good idea.
Open the settings app and go to “iCloud”
First of all remember that you have to go to panel from your account when you want to delete it. An emergency window will appear telling you to select the reason for the removal request.
Please note that the company will request information to contact you later, as you will need to send you status updates, that is, whether or not your account request has been accepted.
Therefore, you will have to supply an address of e-mail alternative other than the one you already have associated with the account you are already deleting. In order for the process to be completed, the company will provide you with a service code so that you can use it in order to know its status.
Also, take into consideration that, as such, the account does not can be removed, but until a period of no more than one week has passed. If not, contact page support and raise your case. Also remember that if you do not want to delete it as such, the system gives you the option to deactivate your account temporarily. If you select the option to deactivate the Apple ID account, it will also be inactive for the period of time you choose.
That is, you can in the same way, create a new account later and thus avoid lose the previous data, by having them available whenever you want.
The disadvantage with this is that you will not be able, as such, to start a section in the app store servers.
This is how you can know what would be the steps and considerations that you should take into account when deciding delete your iCloud account.
- Scroll down all settings to find “Delete account“or”Sign off“and tap to Confirm.
- Confirm account deletion iCloud on the device by pressing “Delete” or “Sign out”.
- Please note that the latest version of iOS uses “Sign out” in the iCloud settings panel.
- Both will disconnect from the iCloud ID account on the iPhone or iPad.
- Note that this removes all documents that are from iCloud from your phone or iPad
- But no from iCloud itself.
- Whether or not you want to save your contacts and data timing is up to you.
- Once the iCloud account has been removed from the device, you will be left with a iCloud login blank.
- Here you can create a new Apple ID and attached iCloud account, or switch to another iCloud account.
Changes to a different iCloud account on iOS
This allows you to effectively switch between iCloud accounts on any iOS device. Again, this is not a recommended procedure without knowing why you want to do this as it can lead to a variety of problems.
- Note that if you have already changed a Apple Store ID to the correct ID.
- This is not necessary because the setting will be transferred.
- Follow the steps above to delete the account from existing iCloud of the iOS device.
- Enter new / different iCloud account credentials and login as usual by tapping “Log in”.
- Choose settings iCloud to use with the new account ID