Xbox Series X arrives in Brazil for R $ 4,999; Xbox Series S costs $ 2,999
Xbox Brazil today revealed (22) the prices of the next generation Xbox in Brazil: the Xbox Series X comes out for the suggested price of $ 4,999 and the Xbox Series S costs $ 2,999. Both video games will arrive in November (but without a specific date) and the pre-sale will not be tomorrow, according to Microsoft (22 is the international pre-purchase date).
For those on the outside, the Xbox Series X will be the company’s most powerful console, with more than 12 Teraflops of power. The Xbox Series S, on the other hand, will be a more accessible device, completely digital (without input for discs) and aimed at resolutions of 1080p or 1440p, but that can run the same games of the new generation, with the right to Ray Tracing and fast loading features with the new SSD.
Xbox Series S and X Series prices in Brazil
“Games have come to play an important role in our lives. In addition to stimulating the imagination, they connect us to new worlds, stories and, of course, to friends ”, says Bruno Motta, Xbox manager for Brazil. “That’s why we bring everyone the best experience and compatibility across generations of consoles with the Xbox Series X | S.”
The values seem to be on par with competitors, since the PS5, which costs $ 499 (the same value as the Xbox Series X in the USA), will also arrive for R $ 4,999. The Xbox Series S, which has a value of US $ 299 (the same price as the Switch in the USA), will arrive for R $ 2,999, also in the same price range of the Nintendo console in the country.
Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S settings
If you don’t know the difference between the two consoles, you can see the technical specifications of both video games in the table below:
Xbox Series X
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.8 GHz (@ 3.66 with SMT) AMD Zen 2
- GPU: 12 Teraflops, 52 computational units @ 1,825 GHz RDNA 2
- RAM: 16 GB GDDR6 (10 GB @ 560 GB / s and 6 GB @ 336 GB / s)
- Internal storage: 1 TB SSD NVMe (2.4 GB / s read and write)
- Disc player: 4K Blu-ray player
- Expected performance level: up to 4K 60 fps (120 fps at lower resolutions)
- Price: R $ 4,999 (US $ 499)
Xbox Series S
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.6 GHz (@ 3.4 with SMT) AMD Zen 2
- GPU: 4 Teraflops, 20 computational units @ 1.55 GHz RDNA 2
- RAM: 10 GB GDDR6 (8 GB @ 224 GB / s and 2 GB @ 56 GB / s)
- Internal storage: 512 GB SSD NVMe (2.4 GB / s read and write)
- Disc player: without player
- Expected performance level: up to 1440p 60 fps (up to 120 fps at lower resolutions)
- Price: $ 2,999 ($ 299)
When will the new Xbox arrive in Brazil?
Although the prices for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S were revealed in Brazilian lands, only the launch window was released: November 2020. Voxel contacted Microsoft to find out more details, which sent us the following positioning :
“We are very excited to announce the suggested Xbox Series X | S prices for Brazil today. In addition, we also confirm that the official launch in Brazil will be in November. We will soon share more details about the pre-sale for our market ”.
It is worth stressing that the pre-sale date in Brazil will not be tomorrow, September 22, the day that several players from various countries will be able to place the order. More details will come in the future.
So, what did you think of the price of the Xbox Serie X and Series S?