Xbox One: New update for everyone – What’s new in February 2020
Microsoft officially announces the availability of a major new update for the Xbox Onewhich brings with it significant news, let’s discover them together.
New update for Xbox One
The main changes are the following:
- The Home screen will see the elimination of tabs such as Community, Game Pass, Mixer and Store, which will be accessible in a dedicated and customizable menu
- New reorganization for My Games and Apps, which will lose Updates, Game Pass and Queue, which will be moved to the Complete Collection, where you will also find system settings, storage management and various subscriptions
- Introduction of GIF support for contextual chats, which until now was only available on PC but the messages in question were not displayed on consoles
- Ability to customize the appearance of notifications, choosing the preferred position when unlocking a goal and more
- Ability to customize the classic Mixer chat, which will show users’ messages in a dedicated bar
- Once an external drive is connected, you can move content more easily and quickly
- Collection of Games will allow you to choose which game to install from a collection, as in the case of Shenmue I & II
To update the console proceed as follows:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller
- Move to the tab with thegear icon
- Press A on the controller at the entry Settings
- Move to the tab System
- Press A on the controller at the entry Updates and downloads
- Press A on Update console
This procedure must be done to force the update, if it is not detected when the console is turned on.
The update is available from today.