The effects of an influencer in the digital world
Before buying almost anything, consumers make sure that their investment will be worth it. From a mobile phone to a movie or series on Netflix; No one wants to risk wasting their time or money on something without first consulting with someone they trust, a friend, or in many cases, an influencer. What is an influencer, how is it formed and what effects does it have in the digital world today? Find out.
The influencer boom
When you recommend something from your own experience, you give others the opportunity to find out information of interest (risks, cost, quality, characteristics, among others). Starting from this principle, influencer marketing arises: ordinary people who are dedicated to providing quality information about a product or service in a particular niche and around whom a community is created.
When an influencer gains position and followers, they manage to boost sales and influence the purchase decision of many consumers. For this reason, investment in influencer marketing increased by 189% last year and for this year an increase of 700% is expected.
How is a community created? With time, perseverance and consistency in the recommendations you make. Through social networks like YouTube and Peoople, people can post recommendations and gradually gain ground and followers.
Influencers are great content curators
“Content curation” is a digital marketing term that consists of research, organize, classify, filter and give it an original approach to information on a topic or sector so that it adds value to the community.
Influencers must keep abreast of the latest trends and releases, as their niche demands. They must investigate in depth and translate all this information compact and interesting with his followers.
Today consumers are in a hurryThey need you to explain things to them specifically, straight to the point, and that is why platforms like TikTok and Instagram have become so popular. Is about content and recommendations that they can consume in a few seconds.
The effects of an influencer in Digital Marketing
1. Motivate user action. Vlogs, tutorials and product reviews are the contents that top the lists of what people watch the most on social networks like YouTube (with 31.5 million users, 72% of the Spanish population). This content is part of what they investigate when they have a need to solve.
2. Allows you to be part of a community. Each influencer is a community in itself. This implies that they are followed by people whose interests are related; they share interests, customs and values in a unique bond of trust.
3. Helps to humanize brands. Consumers feel more confident when a person they know is making a recommendation, especially if it’s an influencer who is dedicated to sharing content related to that area. Influencers help present the value of a product in people’s daily lives, allowing them to project themselves enjoying that product or service.
4. Build credibility. On the one hand, it is encouraging to find a natural recommendation of a product or service from an influencer who uses it on a daily basis and teaches us from their experience. Also, if a community tends to follow an influencer frequently, it is likely that you will discover new solutions, articles or services that you did not know about before.
Platforms for influencers
In addition to the obvious applications that every influencer must handle, such as YouTube, Instagram or TikTok, there are other digital tools that can help better manage an influencer’s career.
- A Color Story allows you to give effects and colors to stories and images on social networkswith more than 40 different effects to bring your profiles to life, in addition to 20 free editing tools that offer art, design and personality to your channel.
- Unfold is the quintessential Instagram story editor. This powerful digital tool helps you create editable templates, some free and some paid, adjusting to the size of your stories. In addition, it offers you additional fonts to those that are in the popular social network.
- Peoople is designed so that everyone can share recommendations and even monetize your efforts by sharing relevant content for his followers. You create a collection of recommendations, classify the content and group it so that your followers can benefit, who can also rate your suggestions, creating a more organic community in the process. people already has more than 28 million usersbut recently acquired 21 Buttons, exponentially expanding the reach of its recommendation network to include countries like the UK, Germany, France and Italy, as well as Russia and Turkey.
The value of a social network is found in the relationships that it allows to build between users, by sharing interests and valuable recommendations. Dare to be part of these platforms, find a community with which you identify and most importantly, influence in a positive way by sharing what you like the most!