ASUS Zenfone 2 (ZE550ML and ZE551ML) updates to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
After the Zenfone 2 Laser ASUS officially releases – and finally – Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow also for Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551MLfocusing on a less marked and therefore cleaner and lighter personalization.
The announcement on the official Zentalk forum speaks for itself: Android Marshmallow version 6.0.1 begins the roll-out today Monday 13 June, and will take about a week to arrive on all devices around the world. The software will be updated to versions V184.108.40.206 (ZE550ML) and V220.127.116.11 (ZE551ML), here is the official press release (translation):
- Android 6.0 Mashmallow software update. the internal memory will decrease slightly after the update, it is recommended to make a backup of the data and move the multimedia files (photos and videos) to the SD Card to leave enough free space before performing the update.
- Android Marshmallow does not support APP2SD. It is recommended to move all apps from SD Card to internal memory before proceeding.
- The Multi-account function will not work if the account is deleted. It is recommended that you keep your account to continue using it.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-installed after updating to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
1. Omlet Chat
2. Data Transfer
3. Photo Frame
4. ASUS Backup
5. Dr. Safety
6. What’s Next
7. Party Link
8. Remote Link
9. PC Link
10. Yahoo Shopping
11. EZ Ding
15. Dr. Eye
17. Puffin Browser
19. Google Settings (integrated into ASUS settings)
- New pre-installed apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar and ASUS Messages. Instead you can use Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Messenger.
In addition to this there will obviously be the characteristic features of Android Marshmallow such as support for Google Now On Tap and the new permissions system. ASUS therefore seems to have bet on a leaner and more Google-based system, frankly acceptable choice given the amount of apps pre-installed in the ZenUI. What do you think? Have you already received the update?